Forum Discussion

Ravik
Super Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Sys.Process("iexplore", 2).Window("#32770", "Message from webpage", 1)" pop up not able to handled in TestComplete

Hi In my application, we are showing alert message for invalid data "Sys.Process("iexplore", 2).Window("#32770", "Message from webpage", 1)"   we user Click method for that, what it does, it work randomly in one iteration it click on popup and another time not click  (we use TestComplete 8 and IE 9 Browser)                       

6 Replies

Ravik
    Super Contributor
    Well Dear All I Resolved the issue by using FindChild Method and I used below code-         

set popup = sys.Process("iexplore", 2).FindChild("wndCaption","OK",500)

If popup.Exists then

popup.click

Else                         Log.message ("Pop up not Found")
    Ravik
    Super Contributor
    Thanks for your responce, that great example, and it's very usefull for us but still I am facing same issue.
    karkadil
    Valued Contributor
    Well, you shouldn't have accept my reply then since the issue isn't fixed. Now for everybody else this question looks like solved.

Unfortunately, there is nothing else how I can help you here. The only way I know is to try different solutions (even stupid ones).
    AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Ravi,

Is it necessary for your test to have two IE's to be opened?

If this is not required, then try to leave one IE instance and try again. The case is that I am having pretty similair problem that the IE's File Open window of the same WndClass is not recognized if more than one IE instance exists, but everything works fine if I have only one IE instance running during the test (though I am working with IE 7).
    Ravik
    Super Contributor
    Hi Gena , I Accept your responce, becouse it's seem useful for us, we also have the functionality to Export and download file from the web page. Yes I don't know how to work with Open,Save, Cancel Tab.  Your Example indicate that how we can handle these.