Forum Discussion

nlazouzi
Contributor
14 years ago

Stopping scipt execution causes TC8 to hang !!

I have testcomplete 8 running on a VM on my main machine which is on a subnet that is different than the one where the HyperV servers are sitting.

Everytime i try to stop TC8 execution while a test is running on a remote VM , TC simply gets stuck on  "Stopping"......

The only way out, is to kill the TC process which prevents TC from displaying the different results logs which results in a waste of time.

Has anyone encountered this problem ??  Any solutions ?

5 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Nabil,

I hope that you'll get reply from AQA's Support soon (as well as on your http://smartbear.com/forums/forum/post/?mode=singleThread&thread=cfce933e-41c2-4888-a061-d92618e8b565 message).

I have setup similar to yours with the difference that Hyper-V server and my physical box running as TC master are in the same domain while the slaves are in the separate workgroup (accessible from domain). The project uses TC 7.52 and I expected the symptoms like yours - the slave project seems either not run or there is no communication between master and slave and thus master never ends and I have to terminate TC to stop the test.

Initially I thought that there is some problem with my network setup or access permissions (though the valid credentials are specified in the test project and Validation action succeeds), but after your messages I'm starting to think that there might be a problem with TC as well.

So, I will also appreciate some feedback from Support.
  • Hi Alex.

Thank you for your reply.

I personally never had this problem with TC7.52 but then again, my setup was a bit different. Both the physical machine which had the VM that hosted TC and the the HyperV servers were on the same subnet. (note: hosts on multiple subnets can be on the same domain)

So far, i suspect the problem lies in howcommunication that takes place across subnets.

I wonder if there exists some documentation that sheds light on the proper network topology needed to ensure best interaction between TC & TE  .

I hope to hear from Support soon.

Nabil
  • Hi,

We have replied regarding this issue within the support case you've submitted using our Contact Support form.
    AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Jared,

Could you please let me know your recommendation if it is relevant for my case?
  • Hi Alexei,

We will need some additional information on the issue:

1. Can you check whether the issue can be reproduced on the latest version of TC (currently, ver. 8.0)?

2. Pack the folders containing the problematic master and slave project suites and send me the archives.

3. Let me know the exact steps leading to the hanging.

4. Check whether the test is completed successfully if you do not try to interrupt it.

You can submit a separate support case, if needed.