Forum Discussion

siv_arunprakash
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Setting Count of Test Item from DataSource

Hi,

How do I set the Count of the Test Items dynamic?.

Project.TestItems.TestItem(1).Count gives me the number of Iteration this test item will run.

I need to set the count like Project.TestItems.TestItem(1).Count = 2;

I think this is not supported by test complete. Is there any way or workaround to set the count value dynamic from a variable.

Please Help.

• Currently, there is not.  The best way to do something like this with TestComplete is to set a loop within your test itself and set the upper limit of the loop to be a variable that you can set dynamically.

4 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Currently, there is not.  The best way to do something like this with TestComplete is to set a loop within your test itself and set the upper limit of the loop to be a variable that you can set dynamically.

siv_arunprakash
      Contributor

Hi,

I have multiple separated Keyword Tests (like login, logout, env setup) and script routines which is grouped under Test Items in the project level.

Now how do I set the loop in test level ?. I have multiple Test Items which I need to loop exactly similar to the Count functionality.

Sample structure:

- ProjectName

-TestItem1

-Setup Env

-Login

-Logout

-TestItem2

-Setup Env

-Login

-Logout

Now i need to loop the TestItem1 and TestItem 2 based on the external datasource.

Please help.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

As mentioned, you cannot.  The "Count" value is read-only at runtime.  To do what you want, you'll need to re-architect the way your tests run so that, rather than being organized as TestItems, you organize them within code to execute within a loop.