Forum Discussion

gentlesea
Frequent Contributor
13 years ago

Searching after selecting text should select "Selection in Current Document or Panel" automatically

If you select a text and press Ctrl-F or Ctrl-H to reach the Search dialog it could be set that "Look in:" points to "Selection in Current Document or Panel" since this is what you usually want to do. My idol Visual Studio has this functionality and it would be nice to have this in TestComplete also.

9 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    Actually, at least as per TestComplete 8.50, it already does this.  See the screenshot attached
    gentlesea
    Frequent Contributor
    Indeed it does. But only when I select more than one line. If I select a long text inside the same line "Project Suite" is selected. I use 8.50.618.7.

• Hi,

When a multiline fragment is selected in the code editor, it is considered as the area to be searched in; when a single line - as the fragment sought-for or to be replaced. As for the "Project Suite" automatic selection, we failed to reproduce this.  Please clarify what panel you perform the search in.

gentlesea
    Frequent Contributor
    Please have a look at the screenshots attached.

Expected: Look in: Selection in Current Document or Panel.

Got: Look in: <last active selection>

• Hi,

As it can be seen from the 003-TestComplete.png screenshot, 'Look in:' has the 'Current Document or Panel' value. So, this is the correct behavior.

gentlesea
    Frequent Contributor
    Better behaviour would be to automatically select Selection in Current Document or Panel, that is what I am trying to say. Please add this as enhancement to your bug database.

• Hello Ernst,

The requested functionality has not been implemented yet. Currently, we do not have any time estimates as to when the feature will be implemented. Your request has increased its rating. Thank you.