Forum Discussion

dikshika114
Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Script is working fine on my System but on CBT, some of the test cases are failing inconsistently

I have created lot of test cases with Java script in TestComplete. My script is running properly on local machine. But when i try to run it on CBT, some of the test cases are failing sometimes on some browser. Test cases are failing in inconsistent manner like sometimes 1 test cases fail, 2nd is passed then another time, 2nd is failed and 1st is passed. Sometimes both are getting passed or both are getting failed. It can happen with any browser on CBT. And Sometimes, it's working fine for all the browsers on CBT. 

Configured all browser related information in execution plan and using Cross Browser Cloud for that

Can anyone help me out to resolve this issue

AGubarev
    3 years ago

OK, I'm not very familiar with reasons of connection error, but let's firstly look on failures related to cases where object cannot be found .

Can you share any additional info (full TC Log, Picture or text of error) about these situation.

From my experience, it can depends on performance of the CBT+user web page. So, maybe test  needs waits some object a bit more (not exactly the missed object). If you want to debug these situation better - TC can record screenshots on every action (look at Visualizer options) and also record videos (add additional "record_video" capability)  

• The Errors are due to :

Same thing happens in all Browsers like Chrome, Edge and Safari

How can i handle that for CBT??? Because it never happens on Local Browsers.

4 Replies

AGubarev
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

What are the reason of failures? Do you have any clear description of errors in TestComplete logs? Are these errors have something in common, maybe page was not fully loaded, or TestComplete couldn't find object, couldn't click somewhere, or just CBT session was not started?

dikshika114
      Contributor

Sometimes URL not load, Sometimes it show the Connection Error while loading the URL, sometimes failed to find some elements.

AGubarev
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

OK, I'm not very familiar with reasons of connection error, but let's firstly look on failures related to cases where object cannot be found .

Can you share any additional info (full TC Log, Picture or text of error) about these situation.

From my experience, it can depends on performance of the CBT+user web page. So, maybe test  needs waits some object a bit more (not exactly the missed object). If you want to debug these situation better - TC can record screenshots on every action (look at Visualizer options) and also record videos (add additional "record_video" capability)