Forum Discussion

sguda
Regular Contributor
14 years ago

Running the load test with Test Execute

Hi

We have currently one load test license with 50 Virtual users. I have installed and activated and using it.

I have developed the load tests with this tool.

We have 3 floating licences for Test Complete Enterprise. Three people have installed and only one person(i.e i am )using to develop functional tests.

1. My question is if another person installs Test Complete, Can he develop and run performance test when i am not using load test.

2. If he installs test Excecute, will he be able to run the performance tests i developed. B'se i see that we have one Test Execute licence for load test.

Please let us know if one of these options we can use or both the options possible.  

3. Also once we develop the performance test , is it possible to change the url to point to another server or environment and run the same test again.

Please let us know these as soon as possible. We will be waiting for the response to continue.

I am attaching the screen shot of the licenses we have.

1 Reply

• Hello Sri,

1. My question is if another person installs Test Complete, Can he develop and run performance test when i am not using load test.

2. If he installs test Excecute, will he be able to run the performance tests i developed.

Yes, any person with a TestComplete or TestExecute license can use the Load Testing license. Here is a quote from the TestComplete EULA:

2.2.8 Load Testing License: Under the terms of a Load Testing License, you may use Load Testing Licenses on one specified network in your organization, provided the number of virtual users simulated by the Software simultaneously does not exceed the Load Testing Licenses purchased for such use. Additionally, each device utilizing a Load Testing License must be licensed to use TestComplete Enterprise or TestExecute.

As for the third question, yes, it is possible to do this. To learn more, please see the Changing the Tested Server help topic.