Project suite or project or project units cannot run after restarting using either TestCOmplete 7.52 or TestExecute 7.52
I have a situation where we are unable to run the project suite ONLY after restarting the machine or relogging to the machine or the
machine goes to the Screen saver mode. The problem exists if i launch
the testcomplete 7.52 or TestExecute 7.52 and then load the project
suite and then run it. The problem does not exist if i start running
the project suite directly from the pjs file. The biggest problem is that,
if we run these project suites in the distributed netowrk (i.e form
the master suite on a master machine), it just launches the
testcomplete or testexecute tool on the slave machine and opens the
project suite, and exists the tool becaue of the issue. No scripts were ran and no log is
generated in the master project.
We were running the same master suite and same slave suites on teh
same mahines with TestComplete 7.1 & TestExecute 7.1 and we never had
these problems. We have started migrating all these projects from
TestComplete 7.1 to TestComplete 7.52 two days back. Since then all the
smoke & regression test cases were failing in the distributed network for all the applicaitons.
Immeadiate help is greatly appreciated.
To help us investigate the problem, please follow the steps below:
1. Download a free trial version of AQtime 6, which is our profiling tool, from our web site. The trial can be requested here.
2. Install the tool.
3. Start AQtime.
4. Select the 'File | New Project From Module...' main menu item.
5. In the Open File dialog, select the TestComplete.exe file and click Open.
6. Take a look at the AQtime toolbar - there is a combo box. Open it and select the "Tracing | Exception Trace Profiler" item.
7. Select the "Options | Options..." main menu command - the Options dialog will appear.
8. Set the "Profiling Time | Event View | General | Exceptions | Depth shown" setting to 100 and click OK.
9. Click the Run toolbar button (the green arrow) or press F5 to start the profiling.
10. AQtime will start TestComplete and trace all exceptions that will occur in the application until it is closed.
11. Reproduce the problem in TestComplete.
12. After the problem occurs, right-click somewhere within the Event View panel (it is opened by default at the bottom of AQtime's window) and select the 'Save All...' item.
13. Save the panel's contents to an HTML file and send me the file via our [url=http://www.automatedqa.com/support/message/]Contact Support form.
Also, please record a video demonstrating the issue and send it to us. To record a video, you can use Jing - a free screen capture tool.
Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️