Forum Discussion

BrandonH
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Project Test Items Do Not Repeat Using Count When Error Is Thrown

Hi,

In my project's Test Items Properties, I have the 'Stop on error' and 'Stop on warning' disable.  However, when running a test with a Count > 1, if the test throws an Error at any point, the test will not continue to the next Count.  Is this a bug or am I missing something and this is as designed?

Thanks,

• Please note the following:

This is something that is configured on the Test item level.  The columns I have highlighted are not visible by default... you will need to add them to view them.  This is probably what's causing the behavior you're seeing.  While the project isn't halting on an error, the test item might be and, therefore, it won't continue through the additional counts.

4 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Some questions:

1) By disabled, do you mean set to "None"?  Because there are, in recent versions of TC, 3 options for those fields: None, Test Item, and Project.  If set to Test Item, that item stops but the project continues.  If set to Project, the entire project is halted.  None, obviously, will not trigger that Stop on Error/Warning option.

2) Under Tools -> Current Project Properties -> Playback, what are the settings there for Stop on Error, Stop on Warning, etc? Those override anything that's set on the individual test items.

3) What EXACTLY do you mean by the test will not continue?  Does that item stop and the next test item start? Or does the whole project stop?  That will help to figure out the specifics of what settings need to be set where.

BrandonH
      Contributor

Hi Robert,

I'm using version 12.31, as far as I can tell there is only a checkbox to enable or disable this functionality for the Project (found under Playback) - I've unchecked all.

What I mean by ' the test will not continue' is that I would expect the following to continue retesting Script1 and all child test items ten times, even if there was an error in Script2 or Script3.  What I find is that as soon as an error is thrown, the project will continue through the remainder of the Script1 child test items but will not loop back to retest Script1 for Count 2,3, etc.

> Script1  with Count = 10

> Organization Folder 1

> Script 2  

> Organization Folder 2

> Script 3  

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Please note the following:

This is something that is configured on the Test item level.  The columns I have highlighted are not visible by default... you will need to add them to view them.  This is probably what's causing the behavior you're seeing.  While the project isn't halting on an error, the test item might be and, therefore, it won't continue through the additional counts.