Forum Discussion

tomerw
New Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Repeating test steps

Hello, I've recorded a test of my GUI application. The test runs perfectly. Now I just need the second part of the test (the few last steps) to run in a loop (repeatedly) one after the other. How can it be done? Thanks!

• Hi Tom

It's been a while since I used the keyword testing feature, but if memory serves, you need to indent the section that you want to include in the loop.

Regards

Stephen.

6 Replies

sbkeenan
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi Tom

It's been a while since I used the keyword testing feature, but if memory serves, you need to indent the section that you want to include in the loop.

Regards

Stephen.
    vajindarladdad
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi Tom,

I have created one keyword test which will use for loop to enter value 1 in notepad.

You can use drag-drop method to insert certain actions into loop.

I have attached snapshot for the same.

vajindarladdad
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi Tom,

As you have said , you have completed the first part of the test & you will be creating second part of the test which requires looping.

This can be done by "Statements".

Example : ForLoop and While loop.

Please have a look at the "Statements" provided by TestComplete for Keyword driven test.

http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/31384/

I hope this has been of some help.

vajindarladdad
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi Tom,

As you have said , you have completed the first part of the test & you will be creating second part of the test which requires looping.

This can be done by "Statements".

Example : ForLoop and While loop.

Please have a look at the "Statements" provided by TestComplete for Keyword driven test.

http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/31384/

I hope this has been of some help.

tomerw
    New Contributor
    Thanks for the reply. I used the "for Loop" statement. My goal is to have all the actions below that statement to run in a loop repeatedly. For some reason, it runs only once as if there is no 'loop'....Have no idea what's wrong