Forum Discussion

SaravanaKumar_N
Contributor
6 years ago

Printing log information in Jenkins console

Hi All,

Greetings!

I'm curious to know is there any way that we can see some information in Jenkins console about what's happening with the test execution.

Now this is what I can see - about launching the TC application and about the closing the TC.

But there is not any information about whats happening between this period.

It would be good to have at least the Test case info which is being executed like... 

TC1 - xxxxx

TC2 - yyyyy

TC3 - zzzzz

Any suggestion to achieve this?

Thanks

12 Replies

baxatob
    Community Hero

Hi,

Exit code 0 means that execution was successful. 

All data about testing you should find in the testing log.

SaravanaKumar_N
      Contributor

baxatob

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, we will be able to see all the log information once the test execution is completed. But I would like to know the information during run time within the jenkins console output.

Let's say the test execution takes about one hour, the information in the jenkins console would help me to know when and what's happening like...

[03:05:08] TC01: xxxx

[03:13:57] TC02: yyyy

[03:17:22] TC03: zzzz

In Selenium, if I use java statement - "System.out.println" in the test scripts, those information are available in the Jenkins console.

Since the information about launching the TC application, exiting the application are available in Jenkins console, I'm just wondering is there a way to achieve this in TestComplete. 

baxatob
        Community Hero

No, currently TestComplete plugin for Jenkins does not provide such functionality, because TestComplete itself provides the log only after the whole test-run has been completed.