Forum Discussion

vthomeschoolmom
Super Contributor
6 years ago

Onscreen object is THERE but not drawn/shown (something) and is clicked beforetime.

I have a test which demonstrates a situation that I have intermittently. A test will fail (sometimes) because, seemingly, while a click is reporting in the log as happening, its underlying event is not fired. Or something. In the attached log, you see a top meny is "clicked". It is supposed to expose another menu. But that other menu, where you see a click on empty space, is not present. 

Has anyone every encountered this? Thanks

9 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Yes, all of us, a lot!  :)

TestComplete will execute your test steps as quickly as it can, according to the project settings.  Sometimes it can get ahead of your app and be trying to click on something that isn't there yet.  This can happen when you are first working on a test, or when you move a test to a different machine, or the network is slow, or...  

There are various ways to fix this.  Take a look at this as a start.  

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/reference/test-objects/members/common-for-all/waitchild-method.html

vthomeschoolmom
      Super Contributor

Thanks. I am well versed in wait strategies. The issue is not that the wait for the object is inadequate, but that the click that preceeds is not firing the event that causes the desired object to be shown as evidenced by the attached log. No matter how long I wait before the second click, the object is not visible.

vthomeschoolmom
        Super Contributor

Nevermind. The thing that is being clicked on is not he desired object. I have more research to do. Thanks