Forum Discussion

DCat1223
Frequent Contributor
9 years ago

On-screen element does not respond when Keyword Test is running

Hi… I have an application I am using Keyword testing to test. I am running into a few elements in the application I am testing that don’t respond when the test is running. Most of them are not really important but one that is critical is a button that, when clicked, validates if an Employee number entered into a text field belongs to a valid employee or not. (Screenshot attached)

The validation actually occurs when the user TABs out of the employee# text box but the employee can also click the Validate button to perform the same action.

The validation is not taking place when the test runs and I’m not sure why. I have tried using both an On-Screen Action Keys “[TAB]” out of the text box, and the obvious Validate button click but neither engage the validation that is required for the test to continue when the test is running.

Additionally, I can physically TAB and click the Validate button while the test is running. The button clicks, but the validation does not take place.

When the test is not running, this all works perfectly. Has anybody ever encountered a similar situation? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2 Replies

NisHera
    Valued Contributor

there could be many reasons ..eg TC catches the button but actual physical click is happening in child object of the button.

also it's depends on your application is it web or windows?

have you configured / compiled /prepared application  as TC instruction?

make sure your button class/type is supported by TC

Do that manully while recording and compare with your script.

DCat1223
      Frequent Contributor

Hi NisHera...  This is a Web application.  The test script was originally creaed by me manually recording the actions.  I'll investigate some of the other suggestions you made and see if I can find that looks suspicious.  Thank you for the reply and suggestions.

DC.