Forum Discussion

jlperez
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Objects nor recognized in Chrome v48

some days ago I reported a problem in Test Complete v11 to recognize the objects in a web application (with Chrome v48). I thought the problem was solved as I managed that the object browser to recongnize the objects of my application. The fact is that when I tried to execute the test battery against Chrome, the issue has come back again.

I've checked that the conditions specified in the "Preparing Chrome for Web Testing" article are met in my laptop (Windows 7 Professional 64 bits). I've realized that when I open my automation project in Test Complete v11.20 the objects of the Chrome application are not recognized as such (I get Chrome Legacy Window instead) and six instances named Sys.Process("chrome"...) are shown in the object browser (I just started one instance of chrome manually).

If I close the Test Complete project, the object browser shows just one Sys.Browser("chrome") instance and now I'm able to recognize the objects inside the web application (panels, headers, links, text boxes, ...) and the object spy highlights them individually. Can anyone help? Is there any project setting that affects this behaviour? It worked perfectly some time ago in Chrome, with previous versions of Chrome of course (the laptop is the same).

Thank you very much.

• Hi Jlperez,

Check if the Open Applications | Web Testing | Use legacy web testing features project option is activated. If it’s, deactivate it.

Please refer to the following online article to learn more information about this option:

http://smartbear.com/viewarticle/75704/

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Jlperez,

Check if the Open Applications | Web Testing | Use legacy web testing features project option is activated. If it’s, deactivate it.

Please refer to the following online article to learn more information about this option:

http://smartbear.com/viewarticle/75704/

jlperez
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Tanya,

the Use legacy web testing features project option was the key. As I created the working project wit TC v8, the setting was activated. That had too other comsequences as well (for example the drop down combo lists didn't work well on my automation framework, as TC indicated me that VisibleOnScreen of the elements in the list was false when it wasn't, after clicking in the combo). Since I deactivated that option everything works perfect, so thank you very much.

BR,

Jose Luis.