Forum Discussion

heidi_n
Regular Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Objects are not being recognized in Web app. Because no Unique Identifiers?

Hi,

We are having trouble with objects not being recognized in TC while testing our Web App (TC works in our Desktop app). Is this because the Web App is not using Unique Identifiers? If this is the case, is a programming change needed on my side, or is there a way to make TC work with this? I've tried Object Spy and Wildcards * and haven't had luck.

Note: We use Keyword/recorded tests because our QA Dept creates automated tests, and our QA Dept does not have background in scripting (neither do I).

Example 1:

In the Web App, TC is not picking up Pick List search fields. (Ex: When I create a new Sales Order and enter my Customer # in the Pick List, it’s not picking up that action.)

Example 2:

In Web App, TC is unable to recognize the “New” button in this pick list. 

Full Object Name of New button from Object Spy Advanced: Sys.Browser("chrome").Page("http://testnamehere/webapp/#tab-2").Panel("hyperpick_0").Panel("hyperpick_0_body").Panel("hyperpick_1").Panel("hyperpick_1_body").Panel("hyperpick_1_innerCt").Panel("hyperpick_scrollbox1_0").Panel("hyperpick_scrollbox1_0_innerCt").Panel("hyperpick_panel2_0").Panel("hyperpick_panel2_0_body").Panel("hyperpick_panel2_0_innerCt").Panel("hyperpick_pnlbuttons_0").Panel("hyperpick_pnlbuttons_0_body").Panel("hyperpick_pnlbuttons_0_innerCt").Link("hyperpick_btnmodify_0").TextNode("hyperpick_btnmodify_0_btnInnerEl")

• Hi,

What it looks like, whenever you create the new sales order the screen parent panelHyperpick0 is changing the unique properties Hence TC not able to identify the object.

To determine the above is the issue you can try below,

1) Create a new order and grab the properties of new order parent object.

2) And then try to create one more order then see difference between 1 and 2 order properties. If you see any difference then that is the issue you need to fix it.

If you have the right parent object with unique properties then we can easily map the child objects. Hence do a analyze on your parent objects of new order screen.

If you have any issue please share the Object Property snapshot of the Object you are trying to enter the value.

1 Reply

shankar_r
    Community Hero

Hi,

What it looks like, whenever you create the new sales order the screen parent panelHyperpick0 is changing the unique properties Hence TC not able to identify the object.

To determine the above is the issue you can try below,

1) Create a new order and grab the properties of new order parent object.

2) And then try to create one more order then see difference between 1 and 2 order properties. If you see any difference then that is the issue you need to fix it.

If you have the right parent object with unique properties then we can easily map the child objects. Hence do a analyze on your parent objects of new order screen.

If you have any issue please share the Object Property snapshot of the Object you are trying to enter the value.