Forum Discussion

Quang
New Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

Object Spy

The object spy is working on 3 projects under the same test suite, but it does not detect the same objects of the same application under one project. The Object Browser is fine since I can highlight the objects under the object tree. 

This problem lead to the Check Point problem since I cannot zero to the specific visual object on screen.

Quang
    2 years ago

I just fix the problem. The priority of objects in the Open Applications General of the project properties has little difference. I moved to NativeMSAA down to the end and it works.

5 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Is it failing when you use the object spy for all three projects on the same computer?

Make sure that the page where the object spy is failing is at the same resolution as it is where it works.

If you try recording a test in the place where object spy is not working, does the recorded test find the object as expected?

Quang
      New Contributor

I opened the one tested app. In my workspace I have 2 scripts of 2 projects. The projects' property is set identical. From the script of one project, I launched the checkpoint. The object spy of the checkpoint wizard work no problem. However, when I launched the checkpoint wizard from another project, the object spy of the checkpoint wizard does not work. 

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

Please show us screen shots of the object spy when it works and the object spy when it doesn't work.