Forum Discussion

contacteswart
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

Object Reconization has been changed. Unable to identify the object and proceed

Hello

In a website flow, object recogization has been changed. Now object recognization is failing to play the script.

Our application flow will enroll a product to a customer. Upon clicking Place order, a confirmation message pops up and customer needs to click on 'OK' to place order. snapshot for this message is attached.

Earlier

Button identification is seperate to message box. Record used to give, 'ButtonOK' as Item, 'ClickButton' as operation. Script used to never failed

Now

Record is identifying it as Item: Panel, Operation: Click and description: Clicks at point (384, 19) of the 'panel' object.

This option is not working when we play the script.

There is no change from website flow

How to overcome this problem? is there any way we can identify it as general object and Clikc and go without depending on Panel?

Thanks

'Eswara V

6 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

The button is still a button.  However, the parent objects leading up to that button also need to be properly identified.  So, you need to edit those objects as well.  

Basically, the problem is in your mapping... you need to make sure that all objects are properly identified.  This means that any dynamic properties need to be mitigated with wildcards or, potentially, find other more static properties to identify the object.

contacteswart
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert

I understand that. When I try finding the OK button through Object spy it is not identifying OK. I tried doing the same for Cancle as well. Object spy is not identifying niether OK nor Cancle.

There are no changes on our website. It is the same build/version.

When object recogisation was successfull last time why it is failing today? what has been changed?

When I did a object spy on OK button,

I was able to do it till 'Aliases.browser.pageStudentUat4CsiIntStudentEnro2'.

Button details are not displayed. Unable to point to OK button.

Am I missing any thing? If I am able to identify the OK button then I can play around. But in my case it is not so

Let me know any other specific information is required to solve this issue

Thanks

Eswara V

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

What browser are you working with and what version is the browser?  And what version of TestComplete?

Also... you were the same user who said you needed to speed up processing of TestComplete and the instructions I gave had to do with editing the NameMapping to add ancestor objects... So, you made changes there, as well.  

So, there could be multiple reasons.

In order to help you, I need a LOT of information.

1) Need to see the Object Browser for your application and the specific object properties of the button that you are trying to interact with

2) Need to see how you have mapped that button, properties used, ancestor objects mapped, how they are organized and linked in NameMapping

So... the more info you can provide, the better.

Basically, for you... it comes down to investigating what you have mapped and whether or not it corresponds with appropriate objects in your object browser.  Not just the button itself, but all the ancestor objects as well.