Forum Discussion

scsvel
Frequent Contributor
14 years ago

Not able to identify which control - Delphi App

Hi all,

I am new to TestComplete and using TestComplete 6. I recorded some actions and it put scripts. After analyzed, came to know that CheckBoxes inside grid are clicked using co-ordinates only not with object name.

Also many objects are clicked with co-ordinates only. Can anybody help me on this..?

Any add-ons i have to install.. where i can get that one...

Thanks in advance..

8 Replies

• Hi,

Items displayed in a grid are internal objects of this grid. They're not exposed as individual controls. You need to use native properties and methods of your grid control to access these check boxes in the same way you'd do this inside your application (in your Delphi code).
    scsvel
    Frequent Contributor
    Thanks for your reply. Actually we are using JavaScript and also no properties are shown like related to rows and columns etc. How i will access each cell to type-in?
  • Hi,

Inspect your grid in the Object Browser and find properties which will give you access to the grid's cells. If you doubt which properties to use, ask your developers.

Note that your application must be compiled as Open (see the "Open Applications in Delphi and C++Builder" help topic).
    scsvel
    Frequent Contributor
    I looked at this site http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB43&Number=578893&fpart=&PHPSESSID=

So i tried to Enable DevExpress Componenets from Install Extensions dialog and i am getting cross mark while checking the checkbox to select Devexpress Components.

In "Conflicts Info" it shows like 

The Developer Express Components Support (Version: 6.53) plug-in depends on the plug-in(s) with the following identifier(s): {BE28AD43-44A7-42C6-861F-EF07F3255A1E}

I am using TC 6.53.454.7. Any ideas? How can i enable this plug-in?

Thanks in advance..

• Hi,

Run TC's installer in Modify mode and enable all plug-ins under Open Applications. Most probably, you don't have one of required plug-ins - for example, '.NET Open Application Support'.
    scsvel
    Frequent Contributor
    Thanks ..

This helped me to enable Developer Express Support under  Install Extensions dialog...

Regarding Delphi Objects identifiaction, I will try after getting build with Debug info...
    scsvel
    Frequent Contributor
    Where can i found the tcOpenApps2.pls and tcThirdPartyControls.pls plug-ins for TestComplete 6.53.454.7. We found info that these files are required to access Delphi objects..

Thanks....
  • Hi,

All plug-ins are shipped along with TC, you don't need to download them separately. As for tcOpenApps2.pls, there's no such module in TC 6. It is a TC 8 module.