NameMapping usually disapper...
Helloww, When I make the keywordtest or.. after that..
My project's NameMapping usually disapper.. So I'm very embarrassed.
Waht is the Name Mapping 'Merge with'? and what is the NameMapping 'save as' ?
Maybe In my opinion.. when I click the Name Mapping 'Merge with' or 'save as' they disappear.
"Merge with" is a feature that lets you combine two name mapping files.
"Save as" is just what it says it is. You are saving a copy of the file under a different name.
Neither of these functions are something you would need to do frequently. What are you trying to accomplish?
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
The Purpose is ..
(1) I wanna share my automation test ( Project suite, Project or Keywordtest) with my coworkers. So I ziped that Project folder.
(2) I wanna play on the Server(window server 2016). So, I zip my Projectsuit folder and opened at server.
2. Use same Keywordtest in each Project.
Hi @yoorahn -
The NameMapping file should not disappear unless you click the remove option from the dropdown.
1. This document provides information on how to properly zip a file to share with others: https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/faq/how-to-send-a-testcomplete-project-suite-to-smartb/
2. To use keyword tests in other projects as discussed in the previous posts it would be required to merge the namemapping - here is some additional information on how to merge NameMapping files: https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/object-identification/name-mapping/how-...
Marsha, Emma - thanks a lot!
Hi @yoorahn. Please let us know if the advice helped you solve the issue!
Community and Education Specialist