Forum Discussion

svruss
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

Name Mapping lost

Hello,

Last week I started new TestComplite project and created more than 50 tests. Tested application is .NET application. During test recording object names were collected before the red line (as shown on the attached picture) with proper names as in visual studio project. On Friday I closed the project and saved all changes. This morning when I opened the project again all name mappings were wrong and when I tried to add some forms again they were recognized as WindowsForms (under the red line). Can you, please, tell me where is my mistake and how I can take proper object names from Visual Studio Project?

Best Regards

Svetoslav Rusimov

3 Replies

MikeD
    New Contributor
    Hi,

We have what would appear to be the same problem on our systems.

It was caused by the installation of a Windows Update:

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for Windows 7 and
    Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64-based Systems (KB982526)

After it was installed TestComplete failed to recognise .NET properties in the object browser or call extensions through 'dotNet'.

We rolled back our systems using System Restore to before the Windows update and all was well again. I assume we are having problems because we're still on TestComplete v7.51, hopefully this is resolved in an update to 7.52?
    svruss
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

my test computer is under Windows Vista with TestComplete 7.52. I uninstalled the mentioned update and restarted the PC. When I entered in TestComplete again the problem was still there. Newly created test are with WindowsForms objects and all old tests can't be executed. Unfortunately I can't perform system restore before the mentioned update because I have only one restore point which is after ther mentioned update.

Regards

Svetoslav

• Hi Svetoslav and Mike,

Most likely, you've faced a known problem. The issue can be related either to the .NET Framework v.4 installation, or to several Windows updates. We have created a fix for the issue. The fix resolves the problem for TestComplete, TestExecute and TestRecorder v.7.52. So, if you are using a different version, you need to update the product first.

Please contact us via our Contact Support web form, we'll provide you with the fix.