Ask a Question

Mobile Android 12 testing

SOLVED
Frits
Occasional Contributor

Mobile Android 12 testing

Hi there! 

We have a new phone (physical device) for Mobile testing, connected with USB. It is running Android 12.

When I connect the phone, I am able to install our application and I can see objects in the "Object Browser".

And I can also click on these objects, and our application is responding, so this is all working as expected.

However, I can not see the Mobile screen in TestComplete:

Frits_0-1653646873714.png

This screen is always shown, also on the Home screen for example.

So I don't think the FLAG_SECURE (of our application) is the problem.

Because when I delete our application, this message is still shown, always.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? 

4 REPLIES 4
npaisley
Staff

Hi @Frits!

Can you tell us which method you are using for connection to your device, Legacy or Cloud-Compatible?

I have seen this before with newer phones running through the Legacy method. If you have not already, I would suggest to move over to the Cloud-Compatible method using an local Appium server.

Cloud-Compatible Mobile Tests;

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-testing/mobile/device-cloud/index.html

Regards,
Nick

Solutions Engineer @ SmartBear
Frits
Occasional Contributor

Hi Nick! 

Thanks for you reply. Yes. we are currently using the Legacy method. We have looked into the Cloud/BitBar method but we don't want to use this.

If I understand correctly, we are able to run tests on our own physical devices (connected with USB), by using a local Appium server? If that's the case, we will use Appium instead of Legacy 🙂

npaisley
Staff

Hi @Frits!

That is correct, the cloud method does allow to you to connect to either A. a local appium server or B. a cloud provider such as BitBar. 

I use the cloud method exclusively for testing on my local devices, it's more reliable, quicker and much easier setup. 

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Nick

Solutions Engineer @ SmartBear
Frits
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply and help! I have set up a local Appium server and it now works as expected! 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: