Forum Discussion

Deo_Cleto
New Contributor
13 years ago

Microsoft VBScript runtime error, Object doesn't support this property or method

Why am I getting this error, it is just a simple select case code:

Select Case I_Business  (this is where it's exactly failing),  'I_Business' is a variable and when I evaluate this variable it has a value that is coming from the datafile but can't get pass this line.

Any idea, anyone?

Thank you.

3 Replies

Deo_Cleto
    New Contributor
    Thank you.  I tried to attached the project but your system won't allow it because of the size of the project.

Here's the code:

Sub Details_Panel

Details_Panel

'*************************************************************************************************************'

' Inputs data on the "Policy" panel according to data on the data file (.CSV) and according to the LOB on the,'

' since they share the same screen but the enabled fields can be different. '

'*************************************************************************************************************'

'03152013 - Modified Window Object

'Set Pg4 = p.IEFrame(2).Window("Shell DocObject View", "", 1).Window("Internet Explorer_Server").Page("*")

Set Pg4 = p.IEFrame(2).Tab("AQS/advantage - Policy - * - Windows Internet Explorer").Window("Shell DocObject View", "", 1).Window("Internet Explorer_Server", "", 1).Page("*")

If I_LOB <> general_liability Then

Call Pg4.Frame("MAIN").Table("tblTabs").Cell(0, 1).Click

Else

Call Pg4.Frame("MAIN").Table("tblTabs").Cell(0, 2).Click

End If

'Prev. Policy Number

Select Case I_Business  ' here where it exactly fails, i evaluate this variable and it's returning the correct value.

Case auto, special_program

Set Prev_Policy_Number = Pg4.Frame("MAIN").Panel("divTab_2").Textbox("dtaBOPPOL_LEXPPOLNUM")

Case cma

Select Case I_LOB

Case inland_marine

Set Prev_Policy_Number = Pg4.Frame("MAIN").Panel("divTab_2").Textbox("dtaINMPOL_LEXPPOLNUM")

Case crime

Set Prev_Policy_Number = Pg4.Frame("MAIN").Panel("divTab_2").Panel(0).Textbox("dtaKRMPOL_LEXPPOLNUM")

Case general_liability

Set Prev_Policy_Number = Pg4.Frame("MAIN").Panel("divTab_3").Panel(0).Textbox("dtaLIAPOL_LEXPPOLNUM")

Case property_

Set Prev_Policy_Number = Pg4.Frame("MAIN").Panel("divTab_2").Panel(0).Textbox("dtaPRPPOL_LEXPPOLNUM")

End Select

End Select

Prev_Policy_Number.value = " "

End Sub

• Hi Deo,

Thanks of the code. What is the type of the I_Business variable's value? Is it the same as the type of the auto, special_program variables? You can find this out using "Evaluate Dialog".