Forum Discussion

Ag3nt49
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

Mass Update Identification Properties for multiple mapped objects

Hey everyone,

So for the past three months I have been working on automated testing for a company that has a PowerBuilder desktop application. Now, in order to have unique identifiers for PowerBuilder objects their AccessibleName property needs to be set. I just found out that the application was not initially written with this in mind, but that there was a setting added in prior to my hiring that could be added to the INI file in order to apply this. 

Unfortunately it would appear that none of my fellow QA working on the project were aware of this, and I have only just found out about it myself, after having done a fair amount of reworking of their name mapping. So I was wondering, is there any way to quickly mass update my existing mappings to now use the correct identification property values, or do I just need to work through it slowly by hand?

2 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Let me say this...

... I do not envy you.

I am not, currently, aware of a way of doing a mass update easily unless you go to the NameMapping panel and just use ALT-H to do a find and replace... this DOES work, but I think you'll want to do so with caution.

If however, you need to change the criteria from one property to another and ALSO update the values... Find and Replace won't work for you.

Sorry, man....

Ag3nt49
      Occasional Contributor

Hey no worries, 

this is pretty much what I figured I would have to do, I was just hoping that there might be something magical to make this terrible information go away.