Forum Discussion

nisgupta
Valued Contributor
4 years ago

MHT file do not show any contents when open from Jira.

I am attaching the MHT file in Jira project whenver there is error . But when I tried to open the MHT file from there , it launch IE browser but it is empty. On the other hand I am also exporting the same file to hard drive and I am able to open the file from hard drive.

Any idea why from jira it show empty ? However the size of the file is same in both cases.

18 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

Any idea why from jira it show empty ?

This is because .mht file is a web archive with a lot of scripting and thus its active content is blocked by default by OS/browser.

If the problem persists with the downloaded file, you may try to right-click it, select Properties and then set the Unblock check-box.

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you Justin and Alex!

nisgupta did the suggestions help? 

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

Weird... I have no other ideas at the moment, sorry for that. However, I am pretty sure that the problem is due to the file (.mht) with active scripting is not local but has been downloaded from some remote location.

P.S. Any piece of advice from Support?

• have you tried downloading the attached mht file from jira first, and then opening it within IE? If you are currently in a different browser like chrome or FF, then you cant just click the attachment to view it within jira, you'd need to download it and open it with a support app like IE.

nisgupta
      Valued Contributor

hkim5 

Yes I downloaded the MHT file from jira. After downloaded to the hard disk i tried to open with IE browser. But it shows the empty .