Forum Discussion

Everseeker
Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Looks Like TC11 does NOT support Chrome 45.0.2454 or later!

For details, read this thread:

http://community.smartbear.com/t5/Functional-Web-Testing/Custom-Web-Objects-are-opaque-to-TC-TC11-Angular/m-p/105788#U105788

I thought I was chasing an angular issue.

Turns out, TC 11 CAN NOT PROCESS CHROME 45.0.2454+ WEB PAGES!

All you get is

1.png

NOT GOOD!

Everseeker
    9 years ago

There was a step I was missing (Because it was not really spelled out, in depth....)

After a completly new installation is done, if you do nothing else, you will NOT be able to use Chrome.

If you had chrome & a previous version, after the upgrade, you SHOULD be able to use Chrome

What is amiss?

Chrome just changed a bunch of stuff, in the interest of security. One of the changes requires the following modifications to Chrome:

Go to chrome://extensions/

on the very top, check "Developer Mode"

Browse down to the TestComplete addin. It will NOT be checked..... Check it, restart Chrome, Life is good.

With that set of steps, I am now cooking with gas :)

7 Replies

SmartBearDan
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Everseeker,

I just tested on the newest version of Chrome (45.0.2454.99) and TestComplete was able to see all the individual objects on the page during recording.  I'm using the newest version of TestComplete available on our website, which is version 11.11.1064.7.  These versions are current as of September 22nd, 2015.

Are you using these versions or a different combination? 

Chrome 9-22-2015.png

TestComplete version 9-22-2015.png

Everseeker
      Contributor

There was a step I was missing (Because it was not really spelled out, in depth....)

After a completly new installation is done, if you do nothing else, you will NOT be able to use Chrome.

If you had chrome & a previous version, after the upgrade, you SHOULD be able to use Chrome

What is amiss?

Chrome just changed a bunch of stuff, in the interest of security. One of the changes requires the following modifications to Chrome:

Go to chrome://extensions/

on the very top, check "Developer Mode"

Browse down to the TestComplete addin. It will NOT be checked..... Check it, restart Chrome, Life is good.

With that set of steps, I am now cooking with gas :)

• TestComplete versions 11.10 or later have full support of Chrome 45 and later. No extra steps are required to enable support of Chrome 45 with these versions.

Thank you.

Masha Kozinets
    Product Owner TestComplete

Lage
    Contributor

Plese have a look in your previous post.