Forum Discussion

kevin_kapell
Frequent Contributor
8 years ago

Jenkins TestComplete plugin looks only in the Jenkins workspace for the Project file

I am using Jenkins v2.32.1 with the TestComplete plugin and testComplete 12.

My TestComplete scripts are in a location on the PC that is not the Jenkins workspace folder.

I tried entering the following as the path to the scripts:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 12\Bin\TestExecute" "C:\Repository\Automation\Help Desk\HelpDesk - Ticket Functionality.pjs" /run /exit

However, the Jenkins plugin tries to file the file under it's workspace folder and it of course does not find the file.

How do I set the path in Jenkins so that it finds the TEstComplete project file?

1 Reply

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

I am not a Jenkins expert, but as far as I know (and I remember to read this somewhere in either Jenkins documentation or on some forum), this is by design behavior that Jenkins runtime cannot access anything out of the workspace folder border. Which means that *everything* accessed by Jenkins runtime *must* be within the workspace of the given project. (And even in this case, you should not rely on the absolute paths but may use only relative ones because I seem to remember that I saw that Jenkins may put something into dynamic temporary folder and execute it from there.) Obviously, processes started by Jenkins are not limited to its workspace and can access resources outside of it.