Forum Discussion

rickm
Contributor
13 years ago

It takes over 2 minutes to open my Project Suite

It's taking 2 minutes and 15 seconds to open my project suite and I only have about half the number of tests that I intend to record. Is this normal?

The machine is a Core-2 Dell Precision T3400 Workstation with 8GB of RAM. WinXP Pro 64bit.

The size of my project suite on disk is about 4GB, with 132,400 files and 1,084 folders.

I have the visualizer on during all recording and most test runs. I turn it off sometimes when running a project test that I expect will run cleanly.

With each new program version I test, I clone the project to keep the previous one intact. I only have 4 copies of the project in the suite now.

Should I be going about this in some different way? One obvious idea it to create a new Project Suite for every version, but this doesn't seem convenient. There is no "Clone Suite" like there is "Clone Project".

1 Reply

• Hi Rick,

It's taking 2 minutes and 15 seconds to open my project suite and I only have about half the number of tests that I intend to record. Is this normal?

The more files a project suite contains, the more time it will take to process them on the opening stage. I don't think that all the thousands of files are needed to run individual tests. I'd split such a test framework.

Should I be going about this in some different way? One obvious idea it to create a new Project Suite for every version, but this doesn't seem convenient. There is no "Clone Suite" like there is "Clone Project".

If creating new project suites is OK for you, maybe you just need to copy the folder that contains your project suite using a file manager?