Forum Discussion

googleid_104927
Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Issue with TestComplete COM object loading

Hi,

I am using SharpDevelop to develop a vb.net based app that would communicate with TC10.20's COM server.

As soon as I added testcomplete library to my reference sharpdevelop's console printed the following message.

Building COM interop assembly...

Build started.

Error MSB3091: Task failed because "AxImp.exe" was not found, or the correct Microsoft Windows SDK is not installed. The task is looking for "AxImp.exe" in the "bin" subdirectory beneath the location specified in the InstallationFolder value of the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0A\WinSDK-NetFx40Tools-x86. You may be able to solve the problem by doing one of the following:  1) Install the Microsoft Windows SDK.  2) Install Visual Studio 2010.  3) Manually set the above registry key to the correct location.  4) Pass the correct location into the "ToolPath" parameter of the task.

Build failed. (00:00:00.6016178)

The reference assemblies for framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0,Profile=Client" were not found. To resolve this, install the SDK or Targeting Pack for this framework version or retarget your application to a version of the framework for which you have the SDK or Targeting Pack installed. Note that assemblies will be resolved from the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) and will be used in place of reference assemblies. Therefore your assembly may not be correctly targeted for the framework you intend.

The reference assemblies for framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0" were not found. To resolve this, install the SDK or Targeting Pack for this framework version or retarget your application to a version of the framework for which you have the SDK or Targeting Pack installed. Note that assemblies will be resolved from the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) and will be used in place of reference assemblies. Therefore your assembly may not be correctly targeted for the framework you intend.

Error loading code-completion information for TestComplete from TestComplete:

Could not find assembly file.

To add more: I have windows SDK's installed.

Any insights here please?
  • Hi TestComplete User,

The MSB3091 error comes from MSBuild (.NET Framework's build tool), and, actually, has nothing to do with TestComplete. Did you try other suggestions mentioned in the error text – changing the registry, changing the ToolPath value, or retargeting your project for another .NET version? There're also some solutions on the Internet. Let us know what works out for you!

3 Replies

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi TestComplete User,

The MSB3091 error comes from MSBuild (.NET Framework's build tool), and, actually, has nothing to do with TestComplete. Did you try other suggestions mentioned in the error text – changing the registry, changing the ToolPath value, or retargeting your project for another .NET version? There're also some solutions on the Internet. Let us know what works out for you!
  • Hello Helen,

Thanks for your post.

I tried installing .net framework 4.5 from the msdn website and this is no longer an issue for me.

although I had to install the latest version of visual studio - I guess it adds some registry files that fixes this issue when you don't have a SDK installed.

Thanks,

hlalumiere
      Regular Contributor

Visual Studio is miles ahead of SharpDevelop anyways, not sure why you would use a sub-standard IDE in the first place...