Forum Discussion

ThomasLM
New Contributor
2 years ago

Issue with Test Execute (session creator exit code 7)

Hello, 

I am running tests on AWS agents through Team City server.

To do that, i launch test execute using sessioncreator.exe on the aws agent. 

On a random way, i get an exit code 7 at sessioncreator.exe launching and i am not able to find the root cause of this issue. 

Anyone experienced the same issue and find the root cause? 

Thanks. 

Thomas 

4 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Exit code 7 relates to "Failed to run TestComplete (or TestExecute).". See SessionCreator.

What's the full command line, you are using for SessionCreator?

ThomasLM
      New Contributor

I use this command line : Start-Process -FilePath "SessionCreator.exe" -PassThru -Wait -ArgumentList "RunTest","/UserName:$user_name","/PasswordFile:$PFile_path","/ScreenResolution:$ScreenResolution","/ProjectPath:$projectSuite_path","/p:$project_name","/u:$unit_name","/rt:Main_$routine_name"

Most of the time, it works well, but i want to understand why it fails sometimes. I assume that if it was an access to the server licence due to a network issue on the aws agent, i will get an exit code -1 instead of 7

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

You are using PowerShell script?

The formatting needs to be correct and should look e.g. like this,

& 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 15\x64\Bin\SessionCreator.exe' RunTest /UserName:Test /password:'t3st' /UseActiveSession /ScreenResolution:"1920*1080" /ProjectPath:"C:\Sandbox\TestComplete\Sample\Sample.pjs"

or

Start-Process 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 15\x64\Bin\TestExecute.exe' -ArgumentList """C:\Sandbox\TestComplete\Sample\Sample.pjs"" /run /exit /DoNotShowLog /ExportLog:""C:\Sandbox\Log\TC_$tc_timestamp\index.html"" /project:Sample1 /ExportSummary:""$summary_report""" -Wait