Forum Discussion

amcnamara
Contributor
9 years ago

Is Testcomplete opening your photos and/or videos app in Windows 10?

I have noticed since updating to Windows 10 that my photos application and occasionally my videos application will randomly open if I'm doing things in TestComplete. For example this morning when I came in and simply opened Test Complete (just the app, I hadn't selected the project yet) the photos and videos application opened.

I've tried to see if other Windows 10 users are noticing this in general and can't find anything, so I'm wondering if it's a common thing with TestComplete.

3 Replies

• Hi,

Try applying the following suggestions:
    1. Disable the "Enable support for testing Windows Store applications (requires restart)" option from the "Engines - General Options" dialog.
    2. Disable the SuperFetch service in Windows 10.
    3. Disable all background applications from the "Start -> Settings -> Privacy -> Background apps" menu item.

Hope this helps.

TanyaYatskovska
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for the update, Evgeny!

@Community, please try the listed suggestions and let us know if you still see that Windows 10 applications are still being launched spontaneously.

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Amcnamara,

I see that a similar issue was reported to our Customer Care Team. They are working together with R&D to investigate this.

I’ll let you know when I have some results.