Ask a Question

Integrating Test Complete with Microsoft Test Manager in TFS 2010

krystinamg
New Contributor

Integrating Test Complete with Microsoft Test Manager in TFS 2010

I’m looking for some guidance with integrating my Test Complete test cases in Microsoft Test Manager that is bundled with TFS 2010.

How do I manage or track the test cases developed in Test Complete in Test Manager. I’m under the impression that I can do this? Where do I begin?

5 REPLIES 5
ArtemS
SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi, Krys

TestComplete tests can be integrated with Team Foundation.

See the Extending Visual Studio's Test Items With TestComplete Tests help topic.

Hope this is the guidance you need.
Artem
SmartBear Technical Writer
-----
I’m not a member of the SmartBear Support Team, I’m just helping users in this community. Any views or opinions expressed do not necessarily represent those of SmartBear Software.
jpr347
Occasional Contributor

The above link is broken.

Any new references?

Hi,

I believe this one will help: https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/integration/ms-vs/alm/index.html

Regards,
  /Alex [Community Hero]
____
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame
================================
jpr347
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Alex, that's it!

Have a freat day!

tristaanogre
Esteemed Contributor

There have been a lot of changes in TFS, TestManager, Visual Studio, etc, since this post was originally put out in 2011.  One of those things has been the deprecation in TFS/VisualStudio of UI testing.  While you can use VisualStudio to integrate execution of test complete projects and such as part of your automated build processes, etc., the TestManager integration is no longer available, as far as I am aware.  This is why the article link is no longer available.

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: