Forum Discussion

Smasi7
New Contributor
9 years ago

Installing trial web module on top of a license version

To whom it may concern,

can I install the trial web extension on top of a running license version? Or do I have to uninstall the license version first and install full trial testcomplete?

Kind regards

1 Reply

• To be pendantic...

- You can install the web module without interfering with the other installed modules.  Using the module will require the appropriate license.

- A license extension is the extension of a temporary (demo) license.  If the License Manager is not already serving a permanent license, you could activate a demo license on the machine.  When it expires, you may be able to get and activate an extension to the demo license.

I suspect you have a (Platform and) Desktop license.  If your machine has no licenses on it (you rely on some other machine to serve you a license), then you could just activate a demo license on the machine.  Your machine will use the local demo license until it expires (and then go back to using the network license).  The local demo license will give you all the module licenses (Platform), Desktop, Web, and Mobile.

If you need to get a Web license on a machine that is already serving licenses, then you wouldn't be able to activate the demo license on the machine . . . the module licenses in the demo license will conflict with those licenses (Platform, Desktop) already on the machine.  In this case you'll need to talk to a Sales Rep about getting a custom Web-only license.