Forum Discussion

Ned
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

I would like to view the code/script that was recorded by Playback in the Code Editor - How?

I would like to view the code/script that was recorded by Playback in the Code Editor - How?

I want to be able to modify the playback script from the code editor. 

4 Replies

Wamboo
    Community Hero

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, you chose the option that automatically generates a script from the actions that you clicked on the application, yes?

If the answer is yes, you have already chosen a file in which the automatic system in the new function (usually at the bottom) is generated code (the one automatically generated from clicks)

There you will find the generated code and you can edit it freely.

Ned
      Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your response.  I am sorry if I was not clear with my problem.

I am new to TestComplete, and to get started with my testing I would like to use the playback to record my clicks and checkpoints but once the script has ended, I would like to know how can  

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Did you record a script?  Or did you record a keyword test?  Keyword tests are not recorded as script code.  They are a visual contruction of a test of operations.  You should be able to play that keyword test back right from the keyword test editor.