Forum Discussion

szein
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

How to test Silverlight peer-topeer application?

hello,

We are working on a Silverlight application, where clients can make peer-to-peer video, audio and message chatting. How can i test the performance/network bandwidth of my application using TestComplete?

Thanks

Samer

2 Replies

karkadil
    Valued Contributor
    TestComplete can do load testing for applications which use HTTP/HTTPS and SOAP protocols.

I am not experienced with Silverlight applications, however a quick search on the internet shows that Silverlight uses RTSP protocol, but it can be changed to HTTP.

If this is true, then you can start with reading about Load Testing in the TestComplete help (topic "Load Testing of Web Servers With TestComplete - Overview").

But I'd like to hear Support opinion as well (regarding load testing of Silverlight, Flash and Flex applications) :)
  • Hi Gennadiy,

You are right - the HTTP Load Testing feature works with specific protocols regardless of the type of applications which use the protocols. Changing the protocol for testing purposes can be an option, however, there is one thing you need to consider: the application's performance with different protocols may differ.