Forum Discussion

TK6666
Contributor
11 months ago
Solved

How to reinstall test complete on your machine once uninstalled

Hi community

I have been having numerous issues with test completes latest version and i was advised to uninstall if the issues persists.

I have uninstalled test complete but now i have lost my way. How can I reinstall test complete on my machine?

Kind Regards,

Tina

• I am also facing the issue still. I'm using the latest TC release and my chrome version is 113.0.5672.64.

Edge is mostly working for me (Version 112.0.1722.84) although there is still an ongoing issue with browser popup identification in Edge. 

18 Replies

TK6666
      Contributor

thanks

i seem to be experiencing an issue were I am not able to playback web tests since the last version update. Anyone else having this issue.?

I have tried to replicate it on chrome and edge and still no luck. I have logged calls with support but still waiting to hear from them.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

A few people seem to be having similar issues. Ensure you have the latest version of TestComplete, Chrome, Edge and Test Extension installed.

TK6666
      Contributor

Hi  rraghvani 

Seems that i am still have an issue.

Chrome version is Version 113.0.5672.127 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Test Complete version is Version: 15.51.26.7 x64 and extension is enabled.

What else could be the problem/I am waiting on support for a response

nastester
    Regular Contributor

I am also facing the issue still. I'm using the latest TC release and my chrome version is 113.0.5672.64.

Edge is mostly working for me (Version 112.0.1722.84) although there is still an ongoing issue with browser popup identification in Edge. 

TK6666
      Contributor

Thanks for confirming.Do we have to ait for a fix in the new version of test complete then?

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

I'm using the same versions as you are, and I haven't come across any issues. Can you confirm that you have SmartBear Test Execution installed on your browser? If you use the Object Spy tool, does it highlight each of the UI objects?

TK6666
      Contributor

Hi rraghvani 

Can you please confirm what do you mean by if i have Smart Bear Test Execution installed on your browser. How can i check to confirm that it is still installed becasue i havent changed anything. My web tests issues started happening after the last version release, but my PC tests are working as expected.

Kind regards,

Tina

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Are you able to use the Object Spy tool, to identify each of the UI objects on screen, and do they highlight?

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Note, there's a new version of TestComplete which might resolve those issues you are facing

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

That's good, so it's able to identify each of the UI objects.

What's the exact issue and error message that you get, when running your tests?

TK6666
      Contributor

So here is my scenario to launch HTML 5 web browser and log into the web.

When i run the test this is happening.It enters the login name only and then stops at this point and starts to self healing in progress.So playback is not going through the rest of the steps.After a while the execution is stopped on its own.

If i try to look at the error,the message is per below which doesnt make sense.

If i log into the web manually and i try to run any of the other test cases on the web, the same happens.

The thing is ,i dont understand why these issues would suddenly arise after a new release.

Previously my issue was that i was not able to record tests on the web because it was not recognizing the object. Support guy then asked me to do a repair and then that worked, now i have the issue where I can't playback the tests.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Playback is working, but not as you expect!

Can you double click on the first error message, it should take you to the keyword test that's failing.  Can you then verify that the correct UI object is correctly identified, and the properties that are used to identify the UI object are correct to? You can use this button,

I'm curious to know, if self-healing is automatically changing the name mapping for you?