Forum Discussion

nastester
Regular Contributor
12 months ago

How do I revert to a previous version of TC?

The latest version of TC (15.51.4) seems to have completely broken my tests. 

How do I revert back to previous version? Things were working completely fine before I updated. Something is wrong with this new version it seems

12 Replies

nastester
      Regular Contributor

Seemingly object recognition. It's running slow and then failing. 
      I am seeing these errors:

The window with the handle 0x00000000 does not exist.

This error occurred when the tested window (or control) or its parent object was deleted or recreated right before the method call. For example, you stored a window reference to a variable and then called a method through this variable.
      If the object has been recreated, then to avoid the error, get the new object before the method call.

• Hmmmm, my tests are also now broken.... they are using latest chrome browser.... not

trying to hijack this thread, but am assuming that maybe the same problem.

The spy no longer recognizes most of the chrome browser objects etc.... behaving as if extensions for chrome were/are not installed... they are.

I am running chrome: 112.0.5615.138

and latest Testcomplete update (from what I can tell) of:  15.51.4.7 x64

Before the latest TestComplete update, things all worked.... now, as of my updating today, no longer works. 

nastester
      Regular Contributor

Yep before updating everything worked for me too...

I am also using Chrome 112.0.5615.138 and TC 15.51.4.7.

rpfaucher1
        Contributor

Yep - think we are having same if not similar issue.... updated TestComplete to latest and now object recognition issues... I also created a ticket for same.

Hope resolved soon... I even went and uninstalled Chrome Extension and re-installed... didn't matter.

Again, hope its fixed soon, until then my tests are toast.

• Thank You rraghvani, I appreciate the info.  I myself will probably hold off on trying this hoping SmartBear will quickly issue a patch.  We shall see.But if not, will probably have to give this a try as well.

mfoster711
    Regular Contributor

So what exactly are the steps to downgrade to the previous version? Do we just download the 15.50 version of TestComplete and rerun the installer? Do we need to uninstall the current 15.51 version first?

nastester
      Regular Contributor

I uninstalled 15.51 and reinstalled 15.50.  It kept my nodelocked license so I didn't have to do anything related to that 

My tests are working fine with 15.50. I informed my enterprise rep of the issue 

AlexKaras
      Champion Level 3

Hi,

Do we need to uninstall the current 15.51 version first?

Yes, correct. TestComplete's installer does not support downgrading.

To downgrade, product must be uninstalled first (do not deactivate the license if prompted) and some previous version can be installed then.

MaksZin
    Occasional Contributor

I am having the same issues. 

Unable to replay or create new tests. 

Also tried to run sample project from TC. Same result. 

Version 15.50 did not work for me. Still trying to figure out how to find downloads previous versions. License manager shows only one version 😞

Submitted tech support ticket. Still waiting. 

The window with the handle 0x00000000 does not exist.

This error occurred when the tested window (or control) or its parent object was deleted or recreated right before the method call. For example, you stored a window reference to a variable and then called a method through this variable.
    If the object has been recreated, then to avoid the error, get the new object before the method call.

Tested object:
    Aliases.browser.....

AlexKaras
      Champion Level 3

Hi,

trying to figure out how to find downloads previous versions.

Screenshot below is for the old customer portal my.smartbear.com. Hope, you still have access to it.