Forum Discussion

timhaston
New Contributor
10 months ago

How do I get TestComplete to automatically choose "Name" (the "Name" field of a dropdown or grid)

How do I get TestComplete to automatically choose "Name" (the "Name" field of a dropdown or grid), instead of the "Value" (in our system the DB index that is the data source of the contents?

Maybe it is choosing the row by number of the row visible, maybe it is choosing it by the stored "Value" in the row - I'm not sure about this.

This is in a WinForms app.

I don't want to edit the script, I want it to automatically use the Name field, not go back and edit the generated script. The problem is that the "Value" field can change based on the state of the DB at the time the test is run in the future.

Here is some TestComplate script code that shows it choosing by Value:

'Clicks the 'grdDisbursementMethod' grid cell. Row: 2, column: 'Active'.
Call Aliases.VSCSWin_Debug.frmMain.tabMainTabControl.utabDisplay.ucCompanyAdmin.ucCompanyAdminTableLayoutPanel.pnlButtons.grdDisbursementMethod.ClickCellXY(2, "Active", 19, 😎
'Clicks the 'grdDisbursementMethod' grid cell. Row: 0, column: 'Payment Method'.
Call Aliases.VSCSWin_Debug.frmMain.tabMainTabControl.utabDisplay.ucCompanyAdmin.ucCompanyAdminTableLayoutPanel.pnlButtons.grdDisbursementMethod.ClickCellXY(0, "Payment Method", 189, 7)
'Clicks the 'ValueListDropDown' object.
Call Aliases.VSCSWin_Debug.DropDownForm.ValueListDropDown.Click(59, 25)

No RepliesBe the first to reply