Forum Discussion

Geniustester
New Contributor
5 years ago

How can i identify object in a desktop application which has a crm application embedded ?

Hi Friends,

I need help in below scenario:

I need to automate a desktop application(unified service desk 4.1 for microsoft dynamics 365) which calls a crm application(which is web based) embedded inside it.

i am unable to identify objects using namemapping in the crm application which is embedded inside the desktop application.

The crm application is built on asp.net.

8 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

In order to access embedded web components in a desktop application, your installation of TestComplete needs to be licensed for both Desktop and Web based applications.  Please confirm your licensing.

Geniustester
      New Contributor

Yes it is meant for both web and desktop I am using latest version available on Smart bear.Struggling with the issue badly.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Version number doesn't have anything to do with it... it has to do with whether or not you have a software license to automate web applications.

Here's a screenshot of my Help | About screen in TestComplete.  Notice the licensing line.  This indicates that I have both a Desktop and a Web license.  Can you confirm you have both?