Forum Discussion

swahla
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

How can I connect to redshift in TestComplete

How can I connect to redshift in TestComplete

• Thanks Marsha_R 

swahla TestComplete uses whatever ODBC drivers are available to it. Looks like you need to configure the ODBC driver for the Redshift instance. Once that driver/Data Link is available to TestComplete, you should be able to configure your connection string and use as a data source.

NB : Setup the driver with the same "bitness" (32 or 64) as your TestComplete installation.

Hope this helps

Mike

6 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

The only reference I can find is someone else asking the same question several years ago and there was no answer.

mikef have you heard anything about this?

• Thanks Marsha_R 

swahla TestComplete uses whatever ODBC drivers are available to it. Looks like you need to configure the ODBC driver for the Redshift instance. Once that driver/Data Link is available to TestComplete, you should be able to configure your connection string and use as a data source.

NB : Setup the driver with the same "bitness" (32 or 64) as your TestComplete installation.

Hope this helps

Mike

swahla
      Occasional Contributor

Marsha_R  mikef   Thank-you for pointing me in the right direction. I was able to connect after installing ODBC driver and building a connection string for a DSN-less direct connection to redshift mentioned in the shared link. I still have to try through secrets key.

swahla
        Occasional Contributor

mikef  Any idea on how to set enable_case_sensitive_identifier to true after establishing a connection to redshift in testcomplete. Before executing a query in redshift editor we execute "SET enable_case_sensitive_identifier TO true" then it will consider the table and column names case sensitive. In testcomplete I am not able to do that and hence query always fails to find the tables I pass in queries and I get error "relation not found"