Forum Discussion

ChanchalJ10
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

GetLastResultDescription status in Cucumber + testcomplete Integration

Hi Team,

As when we are integrating testcomplete with VB or C# , at the end of execution we can get result as shown below:

Set LastResult = tci.GetLastResultDescription
Select Case LastResult.Status
Case 0: MsgBox "The test run finished successfully."
Case 1: MsgBox "Warning messages were posted to the test log."
Case 2: MsgBox "Error messages were posted to the test log."
End Select

Same way as per link - https://support.smartbear.com/articles/testcomplete/bdd-cucumber-and-testcomplete/, I have integrated testcomplete with cucumber using java. I was able to intergrate it.

I am also able to export result. But, I want to get status of last executed keyword test in Java like GetLastResultDescription in VB. But I didn't find any way.

Could you please suggest me any way for the same?

5 Replies

ChanchalJ10
      Occasional Contributor

The solution which you have suggested, I have already used same in vb. But as I have already mention that I have used testcomple JAR file. which does not contain GetLastResultDescription().Status property.

That's why I am not able to get status in JAVA.

Please suggest me.

Might be we are using older version of Testcomplete JAR, please share me link for the latest JAR from where I can download it.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure I understand...as far as I know, there is no "JAR" file necessary for the integration as documented in the link I sent you, at least not as provided by SmartBear. Using TestComplete via COM allows that GetLastResultDescription natively without needing to use additional files.