Forum Discussion

vthomeschoolmom
Super Contributor
6 years ago

Firefox browser not found

I am running my tests against FireFix 63.0.1 on my local machine just fine.  I looked at the docs for FF and say that FF 62 i supported. So I installed 62.0.3 on my other machine. I followed the steps in the docs to set up firefox (no automatic updates, no extensions or add ins). I am getting

According to the specified parameters, the required browser is: Mozilla Firefox (Any) This browser was not found on the current computer, or it is not supported

According to the specified parameters, the required browser is:
Mozilla Firefox (Any)
This browser was not found on the current computer, or it is not supported

Any help please? Thanks

4 Replies

vthomeschoolmom
      Super Contributor

a) Version of TestComplete on the problematic machine, please; 12.60.5545.7 x64

b) Could you verify Firefox version on the problematic machine to double-check that it did not update in some way; 62.0.3 (64-bit)

c) Could you provide the code that fails on the problematic machine; Browser loop keyword step

d) Have you considered updates from the https://support.smartbear.com/downloads/testcomplete/firefox-patches/ page ? I did not consider it because I had not found it. I have since considered it and applied the appropriate patch with no change in behavior.

Thanks.

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

If I remember it correctly, I also had the same problem with Firefox 62.0.3 and TC 12.60.

However, I got a notification from TC that an update for Firefox 62.0.3 exists and agreed to install it using the means of TestComplete. After update the problem has gone.

I would suggest to try to check for updates (Help | Check for updates) and contact Support via the https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestComplete form if the check for updates does not help.