Forum Discussion

muahsan
New Contributor
3 years ago

Execution of tests with Property checkpoints ends in Exception for Desktop Application with trial

Hi,

I have just started with the trial version of Testcomplete and would like to verify a string on a button in Desktop application. To do this verification, I implemented property checkpoint via Checkpoint wizard during the recording. When I execute any test having a checkpoint in it, an exception occurs and execution stops. The initial steps of test, where I click through  couple of pages are not executed (Although these are executed if I do not have property checkpoints in the test).

Could this be because I do not have intellegent quality add on in my trial version?

Thanks for your support and help.

5 Replies

• Hi muahsan - 

Can you send an image of the checkpoints that are causing the exception?

As part of the trial you should have the intelligent quality so i dont think that is the issue.

Thanks, 

Emma

muahsan
    New Contributor

Hi ebarbera 

Thanks for the reply.

I have attached the screenshot of missing intelligent quality. I am running Testcomplete on a PC without internet, so I can't install this add on. 

Screenshot of Property Checkpoint that caused Exception is also attached. 

Would be great if you could analyze it and suggest a possible solution.

Many thanks!

ebarbera
      Staff

muahsan - 

It looks like your checkpoint is valid - the only thing that stands out to me is at the end where it says button.image? You are looking to validate text on the image of a button? Can you send an image of the log steps/details where the exception is shown?

Thanks, 

Emma

muahsan
    New Contributor

ebarbera 

Yes, I am trying to verify text on the image of a button. The screenshot of log steps/details is attached.

Thanks for the support. Hope to come to the conclusion 🙂

Thanks for the support.

ebarbera
      Staff

Hi muahsan - 

Can you confirm that the WPFcontrol text is available for the image on the button? 

It would be helpful if you could use the Object Spy and send an image of that while spying on the image. 

Thanks, 

Emma