Forum Discussion

maheshwari_a
New Contributor
12 years ago
Solved

Database Checkpoint

while creating database checkpoint Step1 . defining a stores object name

Step2 -I select the datasource type as table and specify the connection settings.[OLE DB Provider for SQL Server,Specify the Server name,use windows NT integrated security.Select a database on server.Test connection succeeds.] Hit Next @ Step3- All the tables appear.I will select 1 table hit next.

At this step i cannot see any columns which i have to select to be stored.It just displays blank.When i hit Next from here it shows msg that atleast 1 field has to be selected.But if i cant see any columns how can i select the items to store.Please provide a solution ASAP.

• Hi,

I believe it might be some incompatibility between SQL server version and OLE DB provider.

I think that Support will ask you for more specific details, but the following details might help them:

-- Used OLE DB provider (full name from the connection string);

-- Version and bitness of the SQL Server;

-- Version and bitness of the OS with SQL server;

-- Version and bitness of the OS with TestComplete;

-- Name of the database (whether it contains spaces and/or non-English characters);

-- Any other details that might appear to be useful.

3 Replies

• Same way I did for OLE DB Provider for Oracle.. I couldn't find any issue.. 

I don't think so you are able to see all the tables once you did Test connection succeds. I belive you have to provide SQL query to get a data from datatabase then select required columns..  

Hope it will help you.

Regards,

Pradeep
    AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi,

I believe it might be some incompatibility between SQL server version and OLE DB provider.

I think that Support will ask you for more specific details, but the following details might help them:

-- Used OLE DB provider (full name from the connection string);

-- Version and bitness of the SQL Server;

-- Version and bitness of the OS with SQL server;

-- Version and bitness of the OS with TestComplete;

-- Name of the database (whether it contains spaces and/or non-English characters);

-- Any other details that might appear to be useful.