Forum Discussion

ast
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Edge not recognized as Sys.Browser("edge") -> Process("MicrosoftEdge")

Hi there

I use TC 12.41.2879 on Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (10.0.16299 Build 16299).
Edge (41.16299.15.0) is not recognized as Sys.Browser(edge) but as Process("MicrosoftEdge").
I followed: https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-testing/web/general/preparing-browsers/edge.html
It happens with TC 32- and 64-bit. Edge responds extremly slow when TC is started. As soon as TC is closed Edge works just fine...

Any suggestions?

Thanx

ast
    7 years ago

In cooperation with SmartBear the problem could be solved.

In all projects I use, I have process filters defined.

By any circumstances the filter has to be changed from Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge to MicrosoftEdge.

:-)

17 Replies

• Hello Guys,

The Fall Creators Update of Windows 10 has a set of critical changes that make some TestComplete functionality work improperly. The worst thing here is that the pre-release version of the update did not have these changes. The problem you are facing is related to the issues with the new Windows 10 version support.

We are working on the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update support and will release it soon. At the moment, please work with a different browser or use a different machine where the update is not applied yet.

• Hi Andy,

Are you still having problem with latest Edge ?

In my case initially TC v12.42 didn't work with Edge, but then I disabled the "Windows Store application" flag & since then it started working.

Interestingly even if I enable OR disable this flag, it always works now :smileysurprised:

cheers !

ast
      Contributor

In cooperation with SmartBear the problem could be solved.

In all projects I use, I have process filters defined.

By any circumstances the filter has to be changed from Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge to MicrosoftEdge.

:-)