Forum Discussion

RichBopp
Contributor
7 years ago

Does anyone know what the error message "The tcCrHost.exe process crashed" means and how to fix?

The KeyWord recording I'm running was working this morning - now it is throwing the error:   "The tcCrHost.exe process crashed".  See attachment.

Has anyone seen this before?  Anyone know what it means and how to fix?

4 Replies

sha
    Contributor

Does anyone know if this has been fixed in the latest release (or the one before)? I also experience this a couple of times a week and consider upgrading to a newer version (for this reason among others) if it is fixed.

I mostly see it in the beginning of the test when starting up the browser, especially when running virtual mobile browsers (this could also be due to the fact that this involves starting Chrome right after it was closed).

/Søren Harder, QA/Test, Zmags

RichBopp
      Contributor

Sha,

Sorry for taking so long to respond.  I was in the middle of a test cycle, and I'm only now able to catch up on my correspondence.  

I took this issue to SmartBear support.  Their analysis of the dump file I provided them was that the antivirus software we use at my company was the issue, and that we needed to "add tcCrHost.exe as an exception".  

Security is very tight here, and I'm still wrestling with them to get it done, but maybe you have greater discretion where you are, and can give it a try.

If you can, please let me know how it goes.  Your experience may give me another data point to use here.

Good luck,

Rich

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi Rich,

All binaries installed with TestComplete are digitally signed. This may be used as additional argument when talking with your security guys.