Forum Discussion

IRISQATeam
Contributor
10 years ago

Does Testcomplete support System.Windows.Documents Namespace

I am testing an application which is developed using .Net Framework 4.0 and it is using System.Windows.Documents Namespace. Does Testcomplete 10 support this System.Windows.Documents Namespace?

5 Replies

Philip_Baird
    Community Expert
    Hi Zeeshan, are you wanting to actually write Script code using Classes and functions from the System.Windows.Documents Namespace or just wanting to test an application that happens to use the System.Windows.Documents Namespace?

Regards,

Phil Baird

• Hi Phil,

I am trying to automate an application which is developed using different classes e.g.FlowDocument,InlineUIContainer,Table etc from System.Windows.Documents Namespace. Whenever I am trying to use  an object either by NameMapping or from Object Browser, everytime name of object is changing e.g. WPFObject("_tagf33739345b734215ac51aaca57fca145"), WPFObject("_tag86cdb0505e1347fb9b378fbbf0c1a662") etc . which is restricting me to use these objects. Just wondering do Testcomplete support all classses from System.Windows.Documents Namespace?  Any solution to cater this problem?

Thanks.
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Zeeshan,

Changing the object names isn't related to the classes and namespaces used in your app. They have dynamic names. From the developers' side, this is not a good approach, and it can make the tester's life more difficult, but it's still possible to test them in TestComplete. Watch the following screencast, demonstrating TestComplete features that can help you create reliable tests for dynamic objects: http://support.smartbear.com/screencasts/testcomplete/reliable-tests-for-dynamic-objects/