Forum Discussion

acd2311
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

Does TestComplete support automation of Slickgrid controls?

Does TestComplete support automation of Slickgrid controls? Please guide.

4 Replies

vajindarladdad
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi Sania,

Can you please check whether the control has the "Rows" property ?

If it does , they you can drill down till the individual cell using "Item" & "Cells" property using the indexing.

For Example:

Grid.Rows.Item(0).Cells.Item(0)... and so on

Please give a try for the same.

If it does not work , please let us know.
    vajindarladdad
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi Sania,

I am using TC 9.3 & I have searched the help files for information about SlickGrid but unfortunately I did not find any information about the slickGrid.

Can you please tell me which SDK you are using to develop this application ?

Used another method to do so;

Opened the help file & serched for "Grid" in "Index" tab , I found few information about the other supported application controls, like Flex DataGrid, Infragistics WinGrid but there is no such information about SlickGrid.

Sania , I would recommend you to send an email to support department for their confirmation about your question.

Also , it would be better , if you share the response on the forum so that other users will also come to know about the same & won't struggle for a long time.

acd2311
    Occasional Contributor
    This is third party control used so unable to get any information on SDK. Found on internet that it is jscript control.

Haven't received any response from TestComplete. This is one of the sample grid available on internet http://mleibman.github.io/SlickGrid/examples/example1-simple.html

I have used method QuerySelectorAll to get column headers, but unable to get all row records with the same. Also not finding method to get total number of all records. With child(index) property able to retrive row data but that of only visible rows.

Please suggest.