Forum Discussion

richardw_1
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

Current Project Properties -> Log Location.... not saving correctly

Hi,

I can change the Log Location to another directory and this will work fine if I then run the tests within that same instance of Test Complete.

However if I close Test Complete... The next time I open the project it has reverted the Log Location back to its original destination.

Is this a defect in the software or is there a better way to always store my log files in a specific directory.

The reason for this is because my tests are stored on the server as it gets a daily backup but the log files contain a lot of Region Checkpoint images and takes up a lot of disk space so I would like the log files to be stored in a folder on my computer rather than the network. Plus the run time is quicker as it is not constantly trying to store .png's across the network.

Thanks,

Richard

5 Replies

richardw_1
      Occasional Contributor

Hi dmiscannon,

Unfortunately this doesn't help. I put in my specified directory in the Log Location field in the "Default Project Properties" and "Current Project Properties" and as soon as I close Test Complete and reopen the project these fields are reverted back to the default and my directory no longer is saved.

Thanks,

Richard

NisHera
    Valued Contributor

This is a bug in TC please report to support team

In testcomplete top menu press Help then contact support team

would direct you to support portal

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

I just tried it with a test project of my own in TC 12.10.590... and it works fine.  The log location is preserved from one TC session to another.

That log location is stored within the project tcLS file...this stores the local settings such as values of persistent variables, log locations, etc.  It is a file that can be opened and edited within something like notepad.  So, when you make your log location, save, and exit TestComplete, open up that file and see if it persists. If not, then yes, I'd agree it seems like some sort of bug.  But if it does, then the application is saving the settings but something somewhere else is over-writing them.

From your indication, the project is stored in a network share.  This means that, most likely, at some point when the project was opened it asked if you wanted to open it in shared mode.  Do you recall what answer you gave on that?  This might have an impact on things because, IIRC, are are different tcLS settings per machine that opens up a shared mode project. 

NisHera
        Valued Contributor

I also encountered this problem .

This was happen when

1)you try to re-direct log file location other than C:\ drive.(TC - 12.1)

2) You have previous projects with log files in C:\ drive (with TC - 11.3)

3) In my case I have a new project in different language.

Case #00200865 was reported and got a patch.

If you also have same conditions pl contact support team