Forum Discussion

jeffrey_crowley
Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

ODT not registered correctly?

I have TC 9.30.3373.7 and in my project I have ODT (Version 4.0) and ODT Editor (Version: 4.0) extensions enabled (amongst other extensions). I'm trying to get a handle on ODT and what it can do but I can't get the simplest of scripts to work. ODT doesn't seem to be registered correctly or something. When I run this script...

function ClassesItemsExample()

{

var ClassesNum = ODT.Classes.Count;

}

I get an error, 'ODT' is undefined. If I start typing O...D...T... it's not in the context menu as an available object.  I'm assuming it's something simple that I'm missing but after reading the forums and ODT related articles, I'm not sure what else to try. I've tried creating a new project, delselecting/reselecting ODT, and nothing seems to work. I've got the newest version of TC9 and I couldn't find an updated version of ODT in the downloads section of the smartbear.com site.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

• Just a quick guess.

In addition to having extensions enabled you need to add ODT project item to your project (right click on the project name, Add|New Item).

Does this help?

2 Replies

karkadil
    Valued Contributor
    Just a quick guess.

In addition to having extensions enabled you need to add ODT project item to your project (right click on the project name, Add|New Item).

Does this help?
  • Thank you sir! I just went back and read the help files and I guess I didn't realize what a "Project Item" was and I assumed that it was the Extension. I did what you suggested and it's working. Thanks for the response.