Forum Discussion

csteinburg
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Compare text somewhere on screen is the same as test parameter

I have a Keyword test that generates a user with a name provided by a test parameter and adds it to a growing list. In order to make this dynamic, I want the test to check that the value of the parameter provided is the same as the name of the user generated in the application that I am testing. How can I check that somewhere on the page is text containing the same value as the parameter I provided? In this case, the name of the user generated is shown on screen and should be the same as the value of the parameter I provided

• set variable value as the test parameter provided (user name)

create a property checkpoint against the object that you want to inspect, that you would expect to contain the newly created user (and name)

validate that property checkpoint against the variable created above (checking that it is the same as the provided test parameter)

4 Replies

• set variable value as the test parameter provided (user name)

create a property checkpoint against the object that you want to inspect, that you would expect to contain the newly created user (and name)

validate that property checkpoint against the variable created above (checking that it is the same as the provided test parameter)

csteinburg
      Occasional Contributor

hkim5 Thank you for you reply

This seems like what I need, but the Property Checkpoint function requires that I type in a  String under the "Value" to compare against, it doesn't allow me to select a variable to compare against. Is there a way to reference the Variable that I am not aware of? Is this achievable with perhaps the Compare Properties function on dynamic list of users? 

Regards,

Cameron Steinburg

hkim5
        Staff

click on the three dots located on the far right side of the value that you are checking against. You can then change the mode from a constant string to a test parameter or a variable.