Forum Discussion

cshukusky
Contributor
6 years ago

Chrome not listed as web browser in tested apps

On my windows 7 PC using TestComplete 12.50, I added a web application to the testedapps object.  I selected chrome v66 from the drop down of web browsers.

I moved the project suite to a Windows 10 PC, which has the same version of TestComplete and chrome installed, however, the test fails to start running because the tested app doesn't recognize chrome on the PC and the testedapp reverts to IE 11.

Anyone have any idea why chrome would be recognized on 1 PC, but not the other?

4 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Have you confirmed that, on the new machine, that the appropriate Chrome Extension is installed and enabled?

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

Windows 10 is a little "strange" with regards to UAC.  Can you confirm that TestComplete is running with the same user that setup and configured the Chrome Extension?  If TestComplete is trying to pull up Chrome with a different user profile, it might not detect the extension is enabled and therefore fail.

• I uninstalled the extension and manually added it back in per this help file for reinstalling the extension: https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-testing/web/general/preparing-browsers/chrome-extension.html

I did this while logged in under the same user I am attempting to develop/run tests with.

Still chrome is not in the drop down of available browsers in the tested apps.

Also, UAC is set to never notify, in case that makes a difference.